Do you need to build web pages, but have no previous experience? This friendly guide is the easiest place to start. You’ll begin at square one, learning how the Web and web pages work, and then ceaselessly build from there. By the end of the book, you’ll have the skills to create a simple site with multi-column pages that adapt for mobile devices.
Learn how to use the up to date techniques, best practices, and current web standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. Each chapter provides exercises that will help you to be informed more than a few techniques, and short quizzes to remember to have in mind key concepts.
This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels, whether you’re a beginner or brushing up on existing skills.
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Learn about the new HTML5 elements, APIs, and CSS3 properties that are changing what you’ll be able to do with web pages
- Make your pages display well on mobile devices by creating a responsive web design
- Create and optimize web graphics so they’ll download as quickly as possible